- Initial considerations
The Brazilian General Protection Law 13.709/2018 (“LGPD”), in addition to other norms and laws, sets forth individual rights concerning the use of data by companies (“Applicable Laws”). According to the Applicable Laws, the processing of personal data must be guided by a series of principles, particularly, the principle of transparency.
Peixoto & Cury handles personal data with maximum care, in compliance with the Applicable Laws, implementing operational and efficient procedures to guarantee conformity in the use of personal data.
- Collected and processed data
In general, Client Data that may be processed in our activities is:
a) Clients/Prospective clients (“Clients”):
- Identity Data such as “name”, Individual Taxpayer Identity (“CPF”), Identity Card (“RG”), “profession”;
- Contact Data, such as “fixed telephone number”, “mobile telephone number”, “address”, “e-mail address”;
- Professional Data, such as “company’s name”, “position”, “commercial address”;
- “Bank Data” and “Financial Data”.
In general, data is collected directly from Clients during professional contacts or as a consequence of Peixoto & Cury’s activities.
Peixoto & Cury generally processes Clients’ personal data with the following purposes:
- Newsletter: disclose our newsletter and notices on legal matters and institutional communications, mailing, invitation for events and related notices;
- Communication with Client: we keep de Clients’ registrations to implement financial and operating procedures; and
- Compliance with legal obligations (tax, accounting and others).
b) Website Users (“Users”):
(i) Users who register their Résumé:
- The personal data collected in the Résumé electronic form is information related to the applicant’s identity, education and professional experience. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data;
- To send résumés to Peixoto & Cury you need to fill in a form in our website;
- The résumé personal data will be received and stored in the servers of our partner responsible for maintaining our website, who may subcontract a company specialized in data storage;
- The personal data will be accessed and used by our HR to identify and select job applicants whose profiles match the job opportunities which may arise from time to time;
- The personal résumé data received shall be automatically and safely deleted by our company within a two (2)-year period.
(ii) Users who enroll to receive our Newsletter:
- In our website, the User may spontaneously enroll to receive our institutional communications, legal news and newsletter
- We only collect the User’s e-mail address which will receive automatically a first e-mail to confirm authenticity. After confirmation, the User will start to receive our communications;
- The User may, at any time, request the exclusion of his or her personal data from this registration and discontinue receipt of our institutional communications. All a User needs to do is to click in the “opt out” button existing in the last line of an e-mail already received.
- Data sharing with third parties
In the performance of our activities, Peixoto & Cury shares data with third parties/partners such as technological tools suppliers who handle the systems and store data, such as for example, the LegalManager.
It is also possible that Clients’ personal data may be shared with partner law firms which may possibly work with us in Client’s cases.
Peixoto & Cury has a strong governance program in data privacy and, under no circumstance, will it either sell personal data or share them with third parties without a legitimate purpose and legal grounds.
- Data retention period
Data will be stored for the period of time established by said Policy or for the duration of the relationship of the owner of our law firm. Personal data considered irrelevant for legal and accounting obligations will be held for the time necessary to reach the purpose for which they were collected.
- Information Security
Peixoto & Cury stores personal data in its own servers or third-party servers with whom there is a strong commitment with security and making the effort required to ensure the privacy of personal data.
We have adopted technical and administrative measures to protect personal data from non-authorized access and accidental or unlawful situations involving destruction, loss, change, communication or any form of inadequate or unlawful processing.
- Exercise of rights in relation to personal data
According to the terms of LGPD’s article 18, any data subject is entitled to the right of requesting confirmation of the existence of processing of his or her data and also to access to them. It is also possible to request the correction or update of incorrect or outdated data. We guarantee the right to anonymization, blocking or deletion of personal data that are provenly unnecessary or which have been treated in noncompliance with the LGPD.
- Data Protection Officer Contact Details
For any communication with Peixoto & Cury regarding the handling of your personal data, we ask you please to contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO):
For your own security, confidentiality, and data protection, when contacting us, we may ask you for additional information or to conduct a certain procedure to confirm your identity.
To ensure a best experience to our Clients, the terms of this Policy may be updated or adjusted from time to time to reflect our practices, comply with the Applicable Laws and the best practices.
Processing of data related to Peixoto & Cury’s partners, lawyers and collaborators is subject to policies especially addressed to them.