Timeline

1948

Beginning of the law firm. Initially, it started as an association of lawyers because at that time the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB) did not approve the formation of law firms.

1958

In the same year Brazil won its first World Cup, AVON was incorporated in Brazil, with Mr. Duarte as its General Manager.

1960

Mr. Peixoto joined the law firm.

1962

Relocation to a new address: Avenida Ipiranga, 104 – 6th floor.

1964

A new law was enacted approving the incorporation of law firms.

1965

The law firm was initially named "Aguiar, Castro & Barros".

1969/1972

Current senior partners, Messrs. Pedro Cury and Luiz Vicente, joined the firm as interns.

1972

The firm’s name was changed to Castro e Barros.

1974

The law firm became international when Messrs. Peixoto and Pedro Cury went on exchange programs abroad, respectively to Texas and New York.

1980

The law firm entered the computerized world and bought an ultra-modern technology (Polimax 800).

1981

Ms. Vera Lucia de Paiva Cicarino was admitted as lawyer.

1983

The firm participates in the foundation of CESA (Center of Law Firms’ Studies).

1985

The firm assists the first acquisition of controlling interest of an advertising agency owned by a foreign group.

1987

Mr. Antonio Carlos Aguiar joins the firm as an intern.

1990

The firm’s name changes to Peixoto, Cury & Ferraz.

1994

The firm’s name changes again to Peixoto e Cury.

1999

The law firm joined SGC Legal.

2003

Opening of the firm’s branch in Campinas.

2007

Change to our current address.

2008

José Alcides Montes Filho joined the firm.

2013

Organization of the first SCG Legal’s meeting in Latin America.

2014

Brand update.

2018

Celebration of its 70-year anniversary.